Nar Phu valley is a trek that combines remote villages of Nar and Phu where you can see beautiful landscape,narrow trails, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks,Sheep, Monasteries, Kang-La Pass and unique Himalayan cultures. You should have physically fitness to do this trek.
This trek starts from Bulbule after 7 hours driving from Kathmandu. We hike same trail as Annapurna circuit trek about 3 days. After the Koto village, we cross the bridge leading over the Marsyangdi River to the steep portals of the Nar Phu valley is easily missed, but although the entrance is narrow and pine forested area, the valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements.
Trekkers until about 2000 AD, very few westerners have explored these beautiful untouched villages or climbed the many 7000 meters high peaks surrounding it. We will venture into this remote region of Nar Phu valley of Manang district. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal might accompany us up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang monastery. Along with spending plenty of time at these colorful and timeless villages, we explore the high alpine valleys above Phu village. The Kang-La (5315m) pass is really amazing. We may enjoy mountain views of Annapurna II, Gangapurna and Tilicho peak. If you have enough time, you can also continue to Jomsom via Thorong-La Pass.
You can do camping trek as well as tea house trek. If you do tea house trekking, there is simple accommodation and foods are Nepalese dishes. Tea house trek is comparatively least cost so that it is affordable for most of the tourist.
*Trip facts :
Duration : 16 days.
Max. elevation : 5,320 meters.
Start/finish : Beshisahar / Beshisahar.
Trek style:Tea house.
No of Pax : Min 02 to max 20.
Attractions :Nar ,Phu,Kang-La pass and Annapurna range Himalayas.
Day 1: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m) and transfer to hotel and small meeting at the evening about planning trip.
Day 2: Nar Phu Restricted area special trekking permit preparation,shopping gears and briefing day.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmand-Besishahar -Bulbule (825 m,7-8 hours driving).
Day 4: Trek to Jagat (1300m,6 hours walking). Lunch at Ghermu/Bahundanda.
Day 5: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani(1860 meters, 5-6 hours walking).Lunch at Tal.
Day 6: Trek from Dharapani to Koto( 2600m,5-6 hours walking). Lunch at Timang/Thanchok.
Day 7: Trek from Koto to Meta (3570 meters, 6-7 hours walking).No lunch spot/Pack lunch carry.
Day 8: Meta to Phu Village (4070 meters, 5-6 hours walking).Small tea shop on the way.
Day 9: Trek from Phu Village to Nar village(4180 meters,7 hours walking). Lunch at Mahendra Pul.
Day 10: Visit Monasteries in Nar Village,explore village and acclimatization/rest day.
Day 11: Trek from Nar – Kang La Pass 5320 meters -Ngawal (3675 meters, 8-9 hours).
Day 12: Trek from Ngawal to Chame ( 2650 meters, 6 hours walking down). Lunch at Dhukur Pokhari.
Day 13: Trek from Chame to Tal (1700 meters, 7 hours walking).Lunch at Danaque/Bagarchhap.
Day 14: Trek from Tal to Bulbule and drive to Beshishahar (760 meters) .Lunch at Syange.
Day 15: Drive from Beshisahar to Kathmandu about 6 hours.
Day 16: Departure to your home.
*Some photos of Nar Phu Trek :
- *Important Note:
If the above itinerary does not meet your time duration, we can design different travel plan based on your choice.
• Pick-up and drop service at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
• 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB based Plan.
• Nar Phu Valley Special Permit.
• Annapurna Conservation area permit.
• Trekker’s Information Management System-TIMS Card.
• One English speaking well experienced guide and required very strong porters.
• Kathmandu-Bulbule and Bulbule-Kathmandu by Public bus,car or Jeep.
• All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with accommodation during the trek for you.
• Staff’s equipment, meals, salary, insurance etc.
• Basic First Aids Kit for team.
• Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc .
• All official charge and Government Tax/VAT.
. Nepal visa (USD 25 for 15 days and USD 40 for 30 days)
• International airfare and visa fees-excluded.
• Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu-.
• All the drinks like mineral water, Fanta, coke, wine,beer etc-excluded.
• Your trekking gears-excluded.
• Your travel insurance which should need the emergency rescue-included.
• Tips for staff-excluded.
• Extra days-more than itinerary -excluded.
. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc.
Thank you !